04 Nov Thank you, Tulsa!
By Team LTFF
ICYMI: Last Friday morning, we at the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation celebrated a MAJOR milestone for Mother Road Market – the one year anniversary of Tulsa’s first food hall! In addition to sharing some of the year’s biggest wins for the food hall, four tenants were announced for our upcoming Shops at Mother Road Market development, to be located next to Mother Road Market on the southwest corner of 11th & Lewis. The new development is estimated to open in spring 2020. Did you get to meet our new tenants? Check them out below (alpha order)!
- Eleanor’s Bookshop, owned by Kelsey and Matt McAfee: Founded by two Tulsa teachers, Eleanor’s Bookshop is a children’s and young adult bookstore with a mission to foster a lifelong love of reading in young people. To learn more, visit www.eleanorsbookshop.com, and follow on Instagram/Facebook at @eleanorsbookshop.
- Felizsta, owned by Jason and Lizette Corcoran: Felizsta is a new expression from the two words “Feliz” and “Fiesta” translating into “Happy Party!” Felizsta is a modern, sophisticated, fun shop that celebrates Latin American food, design and culture, with an emphasis on authentic Mexican cookies. Felizsta is also a graduate of the Kitchen 66 Launch Program, another program of LTFF. To learn more, visit www.felizsta.com, and follow on Instagram/Facebook @felizsta.
- Graham Collective, owned by Dalton and Makaela Graham: Graham Collective is a local wellness and lifestyle shop that focuses on affordable clean beauty, organic skincare, and nontoxic living. To learn more, visit www.grahamcollectivetulsa.com, and follow on Instagram at @graham_collective and Facebook at @grahamcollective.
- Oklahoma Distilling Co. | Cocktail Co., owned by Hunter Stone Gambill: Tulsa’s premier bartending supply store and bottle shop with a tasting bar featuring independent spirits and wine from boutique producers. Staffed by mixologists and sommeliers, Cocktail Co. will offer fun, educational events, as well as assistance in selecting the right libations for any occasion. To learn more, visit www.okdistilling.com and follow on Instagram at @cocktailco and Facebook at @cocktailcotulsa (coming soon).
Want to join the party? One retail space at Shops at Mother Road Market is still available for lease. If you are interested, visit www.motherroadmarket.com/shops for more information.
Our LTFF CEO and President Elizabeth Frame Ellison also shared several impact statistics from the first year of Mother Road Market. During Mother Road Market’s first year of business, spanning November 2018 to November 2019:
- Mother Road Market surpassed $7.7 million in overall sales.
- Over 500,000 customers visited Mother Road Market.
- Mother Road Market and its merchants created 266 new jobs.
- 19% of businesses at Mother Road Market are minority-owned, and 31% are women-owned.
- Merchants exceeded their original sales projections by an average of 150%.
- Through a composting relationship with Full Sun Composting, Mother Road Market diverted 7,196lbs of waste from landfills.
- Through partnerships with Iron Gate and other organizations, Mother Road Market has donated over 200lbs of extra food.
- Mother Road Market has hosted over 1,000 events, including 107 for start-up companies and 59 for nonprofit organizations.
Elizabeth also revealed our plans to install retractable panels to enclose the 9000 square foot back patio, making it usable year-round, and plans to eliminate single-use plastics in the food hall by November 2020!!
We could not be more thrilled about the impact of Mother Road Market in year one, and we’re looking forward to doubling down on our investments at 11th and Lewis and continuing to help startups and small business owners launch and scale with Shops at Mother Road Market in 2020!